The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had the greatest time. We went to our first show ever this weekend in Torrington Wyoming. We had so much fun and learned so much. My girls made some new friends and had such a great time. Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to go.

Our results were:

Sweet Deseret's Diana (my senior Lamancha doeling)
4 x reserve grand champion
1 x first
3 x second to grand champion in class

So excited about this. Several of the judges told me to expect better placings as she matures. :cool:

Bach Family Farm Sheer Bliss (my senior nubian doeling)

1 x second

Legacy Hill Mulan (my intermediate nubian doeling)

1 x first

I was pretty excited about this because my daughter was showing her and not really setting them up correctly and there was a large nubian class.

Firebolt SDC Napoleon ( my intermediate lamancha buck)

1 x first
3 x second

Sweet Deseret's Astoria (my three year old milker)
1 x reserve grand champion
2 x second

I am looking forward to going to our next show and learning even more. I have so much to learn. I feel like such a dummy but I guess you have to start somewhere. Thanks again to all on TGS that have given me advice and helped me out so far.

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys. I have been lucky to find such nice goats. They are such sweet things. We just got home last night and they are so sleepy.

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We did have a great time. Everyone there was really nice. We are looking forward to going to our next planned show in Longmont. I think we will see more competition there though. In the lamancha classes. I just need to learn how to clip my goats now.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
You smoked that show! What great placings you got, wow!! :wahoo: :clap:

Glad you had fun :D Congrats

1 - 16 of 16 Posts