WOW! Talk about a buck year!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Stacie1205, Jan 22, 2015.

1. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Well I had 7 born, and 4 were girls and 3 were boys... I have 1 girl due any day now, and one in May, and 1 in June.

2. trottingc

trottingc trottingc

May 15, 2013
    Lowgap, NC
    I feel for you! Last year was mostly a buck year for me. Paid me back for the year before that when I had mostly does, which was bad in a way because I wanted to keep so many of them!! Mine are due to start kidding in a few weeks....maybe this year will be more even.

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

3. Stacie1205

Stacie1205 New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Two more kids born. Both bucks. So out of 5 sets of twins, I have 100% bucks. Not a single doe. 1 more goat to go.

4. CanucksStar-17

CanucksStar-17 New Member

May 3, 2013
    A friend of mine has had all bucks so far this year. I am just hoping that not all my goats will have bucks!

5. nigies4ever

nigies4ever Haley

Sep 18, 2012
    California
    A breeder in our area splurged on a fancy new buck, only to have him throw 13 bucks and 1 doe his first year!

This is my first kidding year, so I'll be happy with at least one little girl (preferably from my La Mancha, lol).

6. rebelINny

rebelINny Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    So far out of five does I have 9 babies, 6 bucks and 3 does. This is my bucks first kids.

7. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    My Nigey doe gave us 5 little bucklings in 2 years time. This year we're hoping for all does from her and from our 2 Munchies. :girl::pray:

8. eqstrnathlete

eqstrnathlete Active Member

Mar 16, 2013
    I've had 4 sets of twins over the years and out of those 8 kids..... 7 were bucks. Each year was a new buck too.

9. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead Supporting Member

:-? Scary! I normally love getting bucks (for meat) but this year I want a doeling from my saanen...she's a FF...watch me get a buck :(

10. janeen128

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    How is Madeline doing Stephanie? I've been wondering about her as I see some cute little Saanens for sale on CL..

11. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead Supporting Member

She's doing ok :)...I had to keep her separated for awhile because Daisy was keeping her out in the cold after I sold my herd queen....so she had to be put up where she could have cover and stay warm. I have just switched the two, so now Daisy is in and Madeline out. As soon as this stinkin' snow melts we will be putting up additional shelter to avoid this problem.
    She was bred to my Sable buck, so if she took she'll be due the 1st week of April.:pray:
    Her horns are "scurs" though :( After she kids I'll be either rebanding or wire sawing them off.
    But she is her cute and loveable self...will get updated pics this weekend and post them on my kidding thread...

12. janeen128

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Good;) Can't wait to see pics:)