The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I need to get a better picture from behind (and good pictures helps getter better opinion). What do you all think of Reese's udder as a FF? First 4 pictures where taken 08/02/2013, she kidded 08/31/2013. The last 2 are the next day (no hold over so she isn't 100% full)...wish o wish I would have gotten a rear photo.

What do you think of her udder?

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nice! I'd take it. teats point forward a bit, but it seems like most judges ifnore that part when a doe had good rear height and foreudder extension / good attachments. She appears to have all three...and it's pretty balanced...for a FF I'd give it a star...

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
If you can get a 12 hour fill and do rear and side shots we'll be able to give you a much more accurate critique. It wouldn't be fair to critique her from the photos...in my opinion.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I need to get better angles side, rear, etc. I can't do a hold over fill we don't have pens set up to do that without completely removing the baby which would be to stressful for both mom and baby at this time.

I never have anyone around when I have my camera to help hold goats for pics lol! We just sold a buckling that is going to pay for wood to set up new walls and separate kidding stalls (so next round of kids I can get 12 hour fills).

Maybe I can get better pics this weekend, if I do I will post them :).

·
2,203 Posts
She's a bit swollen so I feel as if her medial will stand out more later. She's got nice rear attachments, but I think we could really appreciate a full bag. I also feel as if she's going to "breakaway" through her fore udder when full and show some pocketing. Teat shape and size is nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts