WTB LaMancha does near NE

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by Iceblink, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Iceblink

Iceblink New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I'm looking to buy 2 LaMancha does or doelings. I live in Eastern Nebraska and can travel to surrounding states. They don't have to be show quality, but it would be nice. I am mainly looking for milkers, pets and grazers, in that order. They can be Recorded Grades or Americans too, but I do want goats with nice personalities, and good milking lines.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

3. QualityCaprine

QualityCaprine New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    I have one recorded grade dry yearling for sale. She is very long, tall, and dairy. I could also get her bred via AI or live to South-Fork Classis Cotillion for no extra charge. I live near Hay Springs, NE. $275

4. Iceblink

Iceblink New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Thanks Goathappy - I did contact her, and I'm going to check out a doeling next week. They are only 15 minutes away, so that's great.

Quality Caprine - I have found a couple possibilities close to me, so I'll see if I like them. If they don't work out, I'll expand my search and be willing to drive further.
    BTW, do you have much success with AI? Do you do it yourself?

5. QualityCaprine

QualityCaprine New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    AI is pretty easy. You can go to a class, have someone show you, or read a book. AI usually has a 25-50% success rate.