X-mas blues

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Coraxfeather, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Can not hang the all the decraction because they depress me. Do nto knwo if my girls can make to x-mas this year. I got no money so maken x-mas presents for everyone. Working for knid of free. All my money is going in the bank to get my checking account back into postive. *sighs* I see the tree and think that there is not going to be much under it. Sick and misserable that is what is going on with me now. Loosen animals on the farm. This year looks a bit blue. Need help here to get in the x-mas spirit.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh hunny, I am so sorry, and know what you are feeling. I have been a bit on the humbug side myself. I look back at the year and wonder what happened - but I have to look forward and know that I have to make it better some how - and know in myself that I will.

Hang in there - it will get better, things will look up, and know that we are all here for you! :hug:

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    It will get better whether you relize it now or not. Things are hard for everyone right now so think of the things you are thankful for. :hug:

4. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Thanks guys. I am look forward to next weekend. If most do nto know I am half native american and my tribe's x-mas party is this weekend on the 20th. My boss is nto going to be happy cause I am planning on going to it. It is very hard for me to keep cheerful this holiday season. My hubby and Pani are two bight spots in my lift. ALso the pain int he butt kittens we have running around the house and the lovable dogs. Might be I am over worked and tired a bit.

5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow that is really interesting; which tribe is it?

I know Christmas music always gets me in the Christmas mood!

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I know how you feel about the Christmas blues. I have them to. It is hard for a lot of folks out there right now. The sad thing is that for years people have over spent at Christmas for their kids instead of teaching them about the true meaing of Christmas and how receiving a boat load of presents isn't the most important thing. This year more than ever a lot of folks are out of a job-my dad included.

7. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I thank a lot of us are feeling the same way this year,especially with the economy.....we just have to look at the good things in our lives and be thankful......I know how you feel about your girls not coming home......none of our kidos are coming this year either, but I did put up a few decorations and a tree and it really helped me......our youngest daughter is in the midst of a divorce and lives in Seattle, we are in Indiana and I am hating be so far from her right now.....I think she is handling things better then me! We are doing something different this year, we have a Amish man that does handy work for us here on the farm and he and his wife have invited us to come for Christmas dinner at their house, so we said yes! We feel so honored that they would invite us......they have 5 of the cutest kids. We are also going to Christmas Eve service at the church in town.....we do not belong but have a lot of friends that do and I think it could do us some good! After my mom (my best friend) passed away at Christmas time 10yrs ago Christmas has never been the same........she loved Christmas and always did it up big! Shortly after she passed the kids all left home(2 are mine & 2 are his) to start their own lives and all live in different places across the country......we moved from Dallas and what family was left there to a small town in Northern Indiana where my husband grew up......we have no family left here, but we love life here. We hated the big city, even though that is where I was born and raised......so what I am getting at is life is full of changes, some good, some not so good......but my mom always taught me to make the most of life and be thankful and greatful for what you do have......our 4 kids are our pride and joy and even though I don't like them not being here for Christmas, they all have good jobs, they all are very good, responsible, loving adults with their own families now and that is what we wished and prayed for them all the years of raising them.......so for that I feel very blessed.
    Merry Christmas to each of you! Denise :hugs:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :hug: I am so sorry that things are like that for you this year. It is very hard but hang in there. My daughter and I were talking about the way Christmas was this year and she said "You know mom, Christmas is NOT about the gifts that we give or receive, it is about the Birth of Jesus Christ and that is what we are going to celebrate BIG time this year". So just look at it that way. Please hang in there and know we are all here for you.

9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    thanks guys i am glad this forum is here. you all are a exstended family for me. sorry about no captils. my boss granddaughter is siting on my lap right now.. i call her my neice, the holidays are very hard for me i am right not going day by day. one problem fter another to overe come. look forward to see the babies at the farm and also pani and also this spring a new foal

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    You know if you find a little santa/elf hat and put it on Pani, I bet your little guy will cheer you right up :)

:hug: I am a bit that way myself this year - not much money, have a family member not so well, my best friend is in Sth Africa, probably to stay permanently, and the person I really want to spend this christmas with is 6 hrs away, probably wont be seeing him. Every year we have Christmas at our place, the whole crazy bunch of us, but two of my siblings and their families wont be coming this year.

When I get like this I just put off whatever I'm supposed to be doing, and I go outside and sit with the goats. They love me regardless.