The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try the new large animal vet in town to disbud our goat kid, 3 weeks old. She gave about 0.1 cc of xylazine to knock him out - actually she said it would just make him sleepy, not completely OUT. Well, she gave it IV & his head dropped the instant she gave it. After a LONG time, she decided to head back to town to get the reversal drug since he wasn't waking up & she took his temp. His temp was 99.4 at that point. The reversal was given IM & it did not take long for him to wake, holler, and stand-up. We figured all was fine. I checked him in an hour & he looked content to rest by his mom. Acouple hours later, he looks terrible. Walks around very slowly, more content to lie down & not move. Tried to bottle feed him, but he was not interested. She also gave banamine & oxytet. I'm going to give a SQ shot of Bvits now (1 cc). What else?

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
I suspect he will be fine by tomorrow. The xyalzine and yobine take time to recover from. I don't understand giving xyalzine without having the antagonist on hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts