Yahoo messanger request

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Oct 24, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Did anyone by the name of

sidestak

try to add me to their messanger list?

Usually I get a request via my messanger but I got something in an email so was confused. If you are that person please just respond here or email me stacey.roop@gmail.com so I can add you to my list

2. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine
    Stacey-

First, not me :)

But I would be HIGHLY suspicious of something coming in your e-mail. I use Messenger myself, and have never gotten a request like that.

HOWEVER, I have gotten countless e-mails from someone claiming to be a member of a goat group I am part of, asking me to add him somewhere so that I can see all the lovely photos. It's quite annoying.. apparently, though I'm not the only one on the goat list being targeted, and it's spam (at the very least).

Meghan

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    no it was an email from yahoo asking me if I wanted to aprove talking to this "sidestak"

4. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine
    Hmm..

Just a suggestion- you might want to contact the Yahoo spam department (called something else, but I'm drawing a blank) just to dble check that it's authentically from them.

It still seems very odd to me. As I said, I've gotten lots of requests.. and never had yahoo e-mail them to me. :shrug:

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I don't have a yahoo account but on myspace it is a setting that you can choose to be e-mailed if you like about messages, requests.... or you can choose not to.

6. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    That isn't me either, I don't get requests from Yahoo! either to my e-mail account though.

7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I'd be leary about that since the requests are actually through YIM. Not through emails.