Yahoo

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by OurJourneysEnd, Aug 17, 2010.

1. OurJourneysEnd

OurJourneysEnd New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Caro, MI
    Haven't been here in awhile. We have spent all summer waiting for the birth of our little donkey. Little Yahoo was born yesterday (8/16/10). A soft, gorgeous little boy with the white nose I had been hoping for.

My mother-in-law called me at work a little while ago to tell me he had died.

This was our first livestock birth. We are newbies. I am wracked with guilt at the thought that our inexperience might have caused the little darling to live for only a day. I left work for awhile and had a hysterical outburst alone in my van.

I can't begin to explain the guilt I am feeling. I have spent all summer watching the calves next door, who were born this year, live and grow just fine. I so wanted to sit in the grass with him and love him and hold him. And pet that beautiful white nose.

If this was how it was supposed to be, then so be it. But if it was somehow my newbie fault, I hope he can forgive us. Really debating whether I can handle breeding Aggy, our Nigerian, this fall.

2. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I am so sorry about your little Yahoo. I hope his mother is okay. That is a very hard way to start, I hope it won't stop you from trying again.

Jan

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry for your loss :hug:

It is very difficult wondering if you could have done things differently, the little guy may have just had some unseen problem and just wasn't meant to be without wings :angel:

As hard as it is, the miracle of birth is just that...a miracle and I would want to experience that again, so don't be scared about your doe, she'll do just fine :hug:

4. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :tears: I'm sorry. He sounded cute. Do you have full size or mini's?

Gina

5. OurJourneysEnd

Nov 1, 2009
    Caro, MI
    This was Yahoo yesterday...only a few hours old. We have mini's.

Attached Files:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What a precious baby.....I am so sorry for your loss... :( :hug:

7. carmen escamilla

carmen escamilla New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    im so sorry for ur lost he was such a doll and i am with the rest u need to try again life it selve is a mystery and in the life stock we can loose and win but most of the time we win and that makes us pround to be farms but giveing life is such a diffucted time for a mom and i bet she can feel it as well so go to her and be with her she needs u now in the time of need i try to comfort mine when they have a lost i feel that if i feel bad u can image how they feel but life has its turn around and u win see the little joy come in to ur life in a later date for now cong on ur little donkey even if it was for a day wish u luck in the future...

8. OurJourneysEnd

Nov 1, 2009
    Caro, MI
    Thanks for the comforting words. I cried all yesterday. Last night when my hubby got home from work, we went and got stones off the neighbor's pile and put them on Yahoo's grave.

My neighbor, a man, came up and saw that I was crying. He told a story of a foal they had for 3 days. They had been out playing with it and loving it, and they went to a family reunion for an afternoon and came home and it was dead in the pasture. He said he & his wife have 'the guilt' every time they lose an animal (they have 30 horses and many cows) too, but have learned it's part of nature.

It does help to know many people feel the guilt and that it's not just me. Because yesterday I was convinced I wasn't meant to have baby animals. The neighbors had brought us a sick kitten earlier this summer and it also died. We are batting 0 for 2 this summer. :(

But seriously, thanks again everyone. You helped me get through a really, really bad day.

9. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Im really sorry for your loss, its so heart breaking to loose something. Ive experienced loss this year to.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how heart breaking -- what a cute little guy he was! I am so sorry :hug: :hug: nothing takes the pain away that I know. But the guilt is somethign you have to address and then try and move forward. Just lost a beloved goat I only had for less then 4 weeks. It isnt easy when you feel you could have done somethign different to make them live. :(