Yay, got a great deal on a disbudding iron!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dunfactor, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Just wanted to share my good news. :cool:

I picked up a Rhinehart x30 off of craigslist today for half price! Woo hoo! I love saving money. :p :wink:

The disbudding iron is in great condition. It looks like it is still new with only a bit of darkening to the copper heating element. It was nice & quick to heat up and burned a nice ring on a piece of wood.

Now I am good to go if my girls decide to give me horned kids. :thumb:

Tracy

2. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Yay, for craigslist! I got the samething last year for half the price too!

I missed a really good deal on craigslist once, I was so mad I missed it!
    They were selling a disbudding box, tattoo kit, and iron, for $40!!!! :shocked:

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    awww phooey.. I had to pay full price for mine! LOL Congrats on finding a good one for half off...but really...no fair! :laugh:

4. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Hey GoatCrazy,

Yay for good craigslist deals! :hi5:

MyFainters,

LOL, sorry! :wink: :laugh: I have been able to find some good goatie stuff off of craigs list. They do not come along very often but it is great when something good pops up. I also got a nice portable folding metal milkstand off craigs list for $70 over the summer. Similar ones online were $150. Yay for saving dollars. Gives me more to spend on the beasties.

Tracy

5. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Lucky duck! :laugh: I just bought the same one last week full price :( My other one took for ever to heat up so I borrowed that one from a friend and had to have my own! Good going! Now I got to keep my eyes open for a tattoo kit cus I don't have one yet

6. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Wahooooo! I LOVE treasure hunting deals!!!

7. klingshirnm

klingshirnm New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Just something I have found when my disbudding iron didn't seem to get hot, I used steel wool and rubbed it over the whole iron head until it almost looked new. Worked great after that. Just a suggestion, I know after a while they need replaced.