Yay! I just got 2 goats! Updated-11-17

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    My husband bought them for me as an anniversary gift - my choice obviously! He was supposed to take me thrift store shopping, but things didn't work out that day. He said, "I promise I'll still take you out." I had found a couple of milk goats that someone was just trying to get rid of for cheap because they were moving. So I asked him to buy me some goats instead!

So now I am 2 goats richer for only $25 a head. They are so sweet! I bring them home Wednesday night, I'll post pictures on Thurday! They were never named, so my husband named the baby (she's not even a year old yet) nubian Sugar, and I named the spotted Alpine (4 or 5 years old), Moony. Since Moony is a larger goat, I hope to get a couple of good wethers for harness from her. I love them already and I haven't even brought them home yet! :wahoo:

Here they are!!!

[​IMG]

They both looked away as I snapped this pic. Grrr... But you can see Moony's markings well.

[​IMG]

Here's Moony, she is such a sweetie!

[​IMG]

Here is sugar, she is still young, but I think she is going to be very small. She's about the size of a pygmy. I hope she will be bigger, but she I don't think she will be. She was born in Febuary. Any ideas if she will grow? I have her on good feed now that I have her.

[​IMG]

2. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Re: Yay! I just got 2 goats!

Congrats and what a nice anniversary gift!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

that is wonderful ..............Dreamchaser.... :) ...I am so happy for you.....what a caring and sweet Dear Hubby...........awwwwwww..... :hug:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

That is awesome - isn't it great what our husbands do for us. Mine bought me a BE buck for our anniversary behind my back and just told me about it. Woo Hoo!

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    *bump* Pics added w/ update!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are looking really good...Dreamchaser...there so pretty.. :) :love: :thumbup:

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    So, are they home with you now? Is the Nubian purebred or crossed with a smaller breed? I was told goats don't get their full size till 3 years old...so she's still got some growing to do. My Cashmere girls were born in March and they still aren't very big. They look good! Very pretty. :thumbup:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She very well could surprise you on how big she gets! I have a Nubian that looks alot like her and she was born in May and tiny. My Nubian buck is starting to grow - and he is a year old.

Some Standard size goats take a long time to mature out depending on their lineage. I wouldn't worry to much!

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They are so cute! Congrats!!!

10. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Congrats on the newest additions! What a wonderful gift. Sugar is so shiney that in her face shot it looks like she has glitter sparkles on her face. :sun:

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats!! They are very pretty girls...Mooney has such length! Sugar...well the ears ALWAYS get me, she is just too cute! And, I agree with everyone else, she's still a baby and won't reach her adult size for a few years....and you should definately get some nice sized wethers from Mooney...Alpines boys tend to be BIG!