Yay! I'm getting a buck!!

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by LiddleGoteGurl, Dec 13, 2007.

1. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    As some of you know, Jen (Starry Eyed Goat Girl) gave me an amazingly wonderful present early this summer... my first purebred Nubian doeling, Pixie Dust. Pixie has become my best friend and is such a joy to own and love. Because I won her in Jen's Give a Kid to a Kid program, I also get to get a Nubian buck from her! I have been talking to her, and I should be able to get one in the Spring.

I am not sure what doe he will be out of yet, but all of Jen's does are amazing and I am so excited to own a little bit more of her beautiful herd!! Thank you so very much Jen! What an amazing gift :D
    :cool: :clap: :fireworks: :rope: :sun: :horse: :leap:

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats Katherine!!! That's wonderful!!! :D

3. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks Sarah :) I am so excited!

4. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

I am afraid I must inform y'all that there will be a picture overload on TGS in the Spring....... :D.

5. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    That's awesome! I know how you feel, I just purchased my first byck after thinking I never be able to get one. Can't wait to see him!

6. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh that is so cool :). What breed is he? Do you have piccies??

7. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    He's a Nigerian :) I have a few pics, from the breeders site.
    http://www.promisedlandfarm.net/MelGibson.htm

I've been saving up for a goat herd since I was six :) Be sure to post a ton of pictures of your new buck! Nubian kids are so adorable.

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I can't wait to see him Katherine!!!!

From the time you were six!!! I don't know exactly how long that is in years, but you have wanted goats for a long time!!!! I didn't know I liked goats until a year ago when I got my first doe =)

9. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    :D I can't wait to see him either!! Heehee!! Yay!

WOW since you were six? He is absolutely gorgeous!!! Very, very nice :).

10. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Congratulations Katherine! I can't wait to see pictures of him and Pixie.:)

11. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks!! :D.

I *HOPE* I will be getting new Pixie pix tomorrow. Mom is going to come out to the barn with me, and hopefully I can get her to take some.

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    PIXIE PICS!!!!!! YAY!!!!

I'm so happy for you Katherine! I can't wait to see the pics of the little buckling! :D

13. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks Crissa! :D
    It might not happen tomorrow, though.. it depends on if I can get her out there with me or not :). We are going to be gone most of the day, so we will see.

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, I guess I can wait a little longer. Just kidding, it's been a while since I've gotten to see Pixie, do you still have that little signature pic I made you, I still love how it turned out.

15. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh, yes! I totally forgot! I am going to put that in my signature now :). I love how it turned out, too! Thanks Crissa :D.

16. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Whew! I'm glad you still like it! :D I can add a border to it if you'd like.

17. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yes I still love it :). I think it looks just fine the way it is! Though I might ask you to make a new one when she gets a lil bit older.. :).