Yay! Kidding Cam is Back Up!!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by RunAround, Dec 19, 2010.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My kidding cam is back up for the kidding season.

Since I got Awesome presents on my b-day there are now TWO cameras. Right now one is on the Junior does and One on the Senior does. I have 5 seniors due any day. They have the newer and brighter camera. The juniors have the older and darker camera. Both cams don't look great right now cause they are sorta far away, but once they are moved to the kidding stalls they should look awesome :)

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=phoenixrising

2. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Thats awesome I wish I had cameras it would be so nice at kidding time not having to run out every hour to check on them.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ashley.....I lose sleep waiting for your laboring does to kid!!! lol
    Awesome that you can share with everyone too....my cams aren't internet type but it certainly helps to keep me warm while watching mine on TV!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Saleen is so big! Cant wait to see what she pops out this time

5. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I dont know how good they are... but Harbor freight has a couple of "camera to monitor" sets that they sell for about 30.00.. I'm going to get one before Feb. and try it out

6. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    that is the coolest!!! my dad wanted one when we had a big herd! i'm so jealous! i gotta show my dad this!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I too...think it is cool.... can't wait... :thumb: :hi5:

8. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh Dear.....I will get nothing done for watching your girls! I better get some more coffee and creamer while I'm in town this morning :greengrin:

9. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Ditto!!!

This will be our first time kidding this year, and so I am watching this like a hawk to see if I see anything or not, hehe. This may be a great investment for us too...

10. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    This web cam is the BEST! I only wish I could get the pic on my iphone.. so I could stay in bed during the sleepless nights and watch.

11. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I want one! I want one! All I have is a baby monitor...but I can imagine I'll be out in the barn vs. using the monitor LOL
    I love marestare, I have some friends who use it from time to time with their broodmares.
    The Juniors look to have flew the coop, while the senior girls with their cute BIG bellies and the chickens seem content to be inside :)

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks everyone, they are a LOT of work to put up, but worth it. Right now the cams are just on the main stalls, but once someone show's signs of going into labor I will move the goat to one of the kidding stalls and move the cam.

Oh and the junior and seniors mix and mingle during the day time.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome..... :wink: :thumb:

14. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Ok girls... now move a few steps forward... and smile for the camera....
    Let's do that kidding scene again.. this time with feeling!

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well not a whole lot going on with the girls... really want some kiddos!!!!!!

I gave them all their birthing cuts... now I just wait.
    [​IMG]

16. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dreamer is loosing her plug and is very uncomfy. Found out part of the reason is there is a kid sitting over her rumen! Felt it kicking up a storm and then felt her rumen go, whoosh. I also am pretty sure I felt another kicking on the other side. so hopefully twins this year!

No real changes in Gale or Spice. They will both be on 145 tomorrow and Saleen will be on 148! :GAAH:

17. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Ooo, the camera was switched to a stall! No goat in it yet, but I noticed alot of fussing around by a couple of them a bit ago. *crossing fingers for you*

update: goat in stall now! :leap:

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dreamer is in the stall right now so we can keep an eye on her. She was sleeping away from the others which she never does at all. She always sleeps with someone. She seems very uncomfortable. I gave her some calcium and nutri drench.

Her ligs are still there but they are low and her udder has filled a bit.

19. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks for the update!

20. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Ohhh, My daughter and I have been watching Dreamer and she is rolling her head back and has her tail stuck straight out....been looking like the start of contractions....
    She's also been pacing around in her stall the last hour or so... first I thought maybe just anxiety from being seperated...but she's definitely looking more like contractions to me. Yipppee!