YAY!!! We are almost out of the puppy phase!

Discussion in 'Precious Protectors' started by myfainters, Jan 7, 2010.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Well, Atty (Maremma female) is 1 1/2 now and FINALLY is becoming trustworthy with the goats, cats, poultry and now the new kids!!!! Yesterday there was a huge hawk circling over the kidding pen where my tiny little quads are and Atty and Lucius were going crazy... they thought the hawk needed to move on. I let Atty in the pen with the babies and she immediately (very gently) nosed the kids into their lttle play tunnel and she laid in front of it until the hawk finally left. She is doing very well for still being a big puppy! :love: :leap: We sure have put a LOT of work into getting her to this point... Luc is still being "tweaked" a bit!!! :devilish: but he's getting better and he is great with the bucks.

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    http://www.faintheartedranch.net

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is terrific news..... :thumb: it is always a good feeling... that you have a LGD that you can trust... with all the goats......... especially babies.. :kidblack: ..that is.... a huge achievement ....congrats.... :leap: :thumbup:

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Yeehaw!! These LGD's DO take forever to growup dont they!? But it's all worth it! Luc will be more than his weight in gold. Good job, Jess.

4. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    What kind of dog is she? I am looking in the future to get a better "guard" dog if there is any...

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    :scratch: sorry, got some names mixed up :laugh: :oops: