Yay!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Dec 13, 2009.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I went and got both my doe's back from the breeders today,my boer cross is bred to a boer,and my Alpine cross is bred to Hardluck-Hollow Ruff Tyrone,and due 5/05. Opinions on his pedigree/scores are welcome. :wink: I don't really understand what all the scores mean. I've heard of most of the herds in his pedigree,and they're pretty nice,so hopefully she will have a nice little doeling for me. :greengrin: I'm also planning on buying a registered Alpine doeling and a whether from the same lady in spring,so I'm pretty excited.

2. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Oh that is great! I just sent you an email stating that I will be selling both of my 09 kids, but that is great.

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats..... that is exciting... :greengrin: :thumbup:

5. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I looked at his pedigree, it looks pretty good. As far as his LA scores, they are great! He has E's in Head, Shoulder Assembly, Feet, Back, Rump, General Appearance, Dairy Char., and Body Cap. E is for excellent, and is the highest score you can have on LA. He does have a V, very good, on rear legs, and that is just something you should be aware of. I had never even heard of the type evaluation, and besides the posty legs it looks very nice!

6. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Thanks, these will be the first kids ever born here,and I could finally go to some shows! :leap:

7. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    That is great, maybe I will see you at a few. Are you going to the Ohio Dairy Goat Conference? I am sure you are super excited for kids.

8. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    That would be good. :) I'm not sure,I'd have to see when everything is,and if I could get off work. Yeah I am :greengrin:

9. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Where in Ohio do all you live? Maybe I will see you all at some shows this next year. Congrats on your goat additions. :)

10. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I am in northeastern Ohio,about an hour from Canton,or Steubenville,and hope to go to at least a few shows. Thanks! :) Should I be feeding them differently now? More hay,and less grain,or should I gradually increase grain?

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wait to increase their feed till they are mid pregnancy. Right now there is no growth by the kids so there is no need for extra food.

day 60-120 are the most crucial time when the kids are developing the most.

12. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    So just keep it the same as what they have been getting for now?

13. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Yes you should keep feeding them what they have been fed. I am in south eastern Ohio, about 3 hours directly east of Columbus, on the border of West Virginia.