Yeah - I officially have a little herd. :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Trace, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    This is going to sound really silly - but here goes.

I have two goats and on horse. The goats were originally purchased to keep a lone horse company - but we have so grown to love them.

I have two runs - one for the horse to go in at night that has his stall and one for the goats - they have a calf hutch in theirs.

During the day I let them out all together - it works out really well becuase the horse vacuums up everything that the goats waste - so no more hay waste.

Its taken a while for them all to like each other.

So last night I was out and when I came back it was dark - and when I pulled round the corner down the drive - there was the goats and the horse - all standing at the bottom of the run in a little herd - its was so cute.

This is a place in the run that the goats don;t normally stand - but the horse loves to stand there when he is out.

They were all together!!!!! Yeah. :)

It doesn;t take much to please me obviously. :)

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    LOL, Isn't it the truth, nothing better then watching "play time" around here. :love:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Not silly what so ever.. :wink: ....it is so neat....to watch.... the wonderful world of animals....... :greengrin: :thumbup:

5. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I took Rocky down to get DD off the bus and Lulu ran around the pen calling for him. She luvs her big handsome BF.

But seriously though - I am really happy about this - becuase it means that my plan of have a goat to keep the horse company is paying off. :)