The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So very excited that we have finally gotten our new buck. We are working back into the 2014 season in late spring. He is young and is adjusting to his new pen. Our dog, Shiloh can't stand to have him cry and will stand by him for a few minutes but I don't leave her in their with him so she and the horses all hang around his pen. The Does have discovered him from way off yonder and are so happy we finally got another buck! We are thankful for such a quality Boer so close to home. Thank You Pam as he is wonderful and doesnt want us to leave him. Our front room is right next to his pen! We have had our eyes on him for a while. He keeps yelling at the Does. (Oh.. and I am not leaving the collar on him.. it is just for a few minutes as I am getting him all settled.

Here are a few pictures that really are not good ones of him as he keeps coming toward the camera. I will post some better ones of him. He is a handsome goat. Dog Working animal Liver Collar Dog breed

Dog Working animal Carnivore Dog breed Tree

Fence Tree Working animal Mammal Dog breed

Attachments

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
See him compared to the horses.. he looks big when you compare him to the horses.. h ha.. but.. true.. those are mini horses! He will actually grow to be almost as big as they are which is still BIG!

·
Registered
31,446 Posts
good looking fellow : )

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cross roads Boers,
Yes.. he is just what we were wanting and we are so happy. He is settling in to be rather content. He is too young to be afraid of the horses and just wants to snuggle close to the fence by them. We have good fence between them as I don't know what the new mini mamma horse will do. I also saw Crossfire why I was there today picking up our buck. He is sure a good looking buck and is also such a friendly guy as well..

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our dog hates it when he cries and runs over the fence to comfort him and lay beside the fence but she has always been like this with the goats.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Awesome little guy! He will be great :D And nice goats you are breeding there, Pam. Good luck with him! Does he have a name?

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His name is Atlas and he cries like a real child. Oh.. we are looking forward to having baby goats again in the spring.

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much, Pam. I always wanted to buy a Toth Boer. :) I knew we would someday.. just had to be the right time.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Cross roads Boers,
Yes.. he is just what we were wanting and we are so happy. He is settling in to be rather content. He is too young to be afraid of the horses and just wants to snuggle close to the fence by them. We have good fence between them as I don't know what the new mini mamma horse will do. I also saw Crossfire why I was there today picking up our buck. He is sure a good looking buck and is also such a friendly guy as well..
That's awesome. :) Hope he gives you gorgeous babies!

That's cool! Thanks. I loved Crossfire. He had to have been the sweetest kid we've ever raised! :)

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. Crossfire did seem very gentle disposition. All of Pams goats were like that it seemed too. We have had some real interesting temperaments on our farm ...One of our does produces the most shy, skitterish babies and she is our tamest, kindest goat. I tho't that perhaps some of them would grow out of it and for the most part they did but still not willing to trust strangers. I realize now that our last buck- he really wasnt a bad buck but probably more than some in the way of difficult handling. He was a real head banger! This little buck has such a gentle sweet temperament and we are happy with him.

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Handsome handsome handsome! Congrats!

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
So handsome, he looks amazing. He IS big compared to the horses, how tall is he going to get?

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh.. Atlas is doing very well and is quite confident of himself. He will not always be this close to our house but will someday have to go to the outback buck pen when he grows up... For now, he is right next to our house and he hears every sound we make and can see us at our kitchen table. If I wake up in night to get a drink... I have to tip toe quietly so I don't wake up the little guy or he will start up his yelling. The horses must be feeling sorry for him because they sleep right next to his pen. It has started to rain so Dale is making sure he knows to go inside his little hut. We may get him a little buddy goat soon. Our dog will go in there for a while but gets bored and wants out.

He seems to be doing so well and is eating well..

Moka FArms.. We do have small horses. The biggest horse is only 32".

·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh.. rain started to pour, so he is locked in a little 6' tarped kennel for the night and he actually feels more secure with a smaller place. Yeah for rain! But... there will be more lightening strikes too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts