The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,600 Posts
Is she a daughter of the other doe? They seem to be built very similar.

I don't feel like she is going to change too much, more freshenings might bring her teats in a bit though.

Here's my critique for her.

Body pros:
-Neck blends smoothly into shoulders
-Front legs appear to be well placed under shoulders
-Great body length
-Strong back pasterns
-Nice body depth for her age
-Good rear leg angulation
-Legs/feet don't toe out

Body cons:
-Slight dip in chine?
-Steep rump
- Wish her rump was longer
-Front pasterns could be stronger
-Lacks width

Udder pros:
-Great size for an FF
-Nice medial for an FF
-Decent rear attachments (could be better though),

Udder cons:
-Low escutcheon
-Teats wing out and are placed too far forward
-Fore udder could blend better

Hope this helps you decide! Will she add any improvements to your current herd? 😊

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankyou! actually i dont think she is related if she is its very far back. she is a very good price in my opinion but i dont want to go backwards in my herd either. she is bred to a buck with does with really good rumps.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
No problem! Okay, I thought for sure they had to of been related, guess not though. What do the udders behind the buck she is bred to look like? Do they complement hers? That's good the buck comes from goats with level rumps. If she's a good price and the udders on the buck's side look good, then I think you should definitely consider her! You could even keep a doeling of her if she has one.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can ask for a video. i am really trying to get some color in my herd. wethers sell so much better if they have blue eyes or at least some white... but see this keeps happening i see plain goats that interest me

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Haha! Yep, that's usually how it goes for me too! I just have to remind myself that blue eyes, flash, moonspots, etc. won't fill the bucket, do well in shows, have good conformation... They sure are beautiful to look at though! 😍 And seem to sell before you even list them.

Maybe once you see the udders behind the buck, you'll know if it's meant to be or not.

Figure out what's the most important to you for your herd. If you have a feeling she isn't the right one, then she probably isn't - go with your gut.

By the way, I think you have some very beautiful, flashy goats!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay so i guess i didnt post this before-
la
V++vav++ +vvA she said she was over fill fresh and had a flat udder. i know her moms teats pointed down next freshening. her RA 30, RUH 34 and RUA 24.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay so the buck she is bred to dam recieved a +VEE87, dams sire EEE 92.
I did fib, she is related by old mountain farm cernunnos great grand sire i think. and the other does sire is omf cernunnos.
this does sires dam also recieved an E but i think it was when she was older, not sure if she had any younger scores.and this does dams dam has an E in mammary...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
RA 30, RUH 34 and RUA 24.
Sorry, not sure what this means...

Well, sounds like she and the buck come from a great udder lines! Are you able to get udder pictures from the buck's side?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Awesome!! Make sure to post pictures of all your new additions when you get them!! 😍

1 - 20 of 24 Posts