The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm hyper sensitive and maybe overly worrying about this goat. I keep hearing how delicate goats are so I'm being more sensitive to her needs than I have with any other farm animal we have ever had....even the runt duckling that we have in "ICU".

I'm guessing the stress of the move and going from being a herd of 80+ to 2 is a little jarring. duh.

Anyway.
Wormed her this morning which she hated and she's now grinding her teeth and doing something like mawing when offered food she doesn't want. Even treats she normally likes. She's still not eating grain but is browsing soft grasses.

Not bloated. Been there done that, she's doing ok there.

I inspected her mouth to see if I accidentally jabbed her or made a sore when worming and noticed she still has all her baby teeth. She's 14 months old.

Could the grinding be teeth related?
Or did I hurt her and just didnt see it?
Either way, I'm guessing baby aspirin?

I don't have a thermometer. I thought I had ordered one from farm supply but it was backordered and I hadn't noticed...until I wanted it.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,839 Posts
she could just be holding a grudge against you. mine does that when I shove things in her mouth. just glares at me for a while. she'll get over it eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts