The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I noticed my 11 year old nanny had white mucus caked up on her tail and when she urinated a large amount of the same white mucus spilled out.
Her appetite is good, no scours, her eye color is nice and pink, her temp is 99.1 and the only other change i noticed was her hooves being a bit pinkish.
Could she have a urinary or uterine infection?
by the way, the buck is in the same pen as her and all the other animals but he doesn't appear interested in her so I'm assuming she is already pregnant.
We did have a lot of cold rain over the last several days, could she have gotten a cold? if so, any suggestions on how to treat her ?

· Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgive my ignorance but what does it mean to be "covered" ?
I am going to buy a new thermometer although we did have a few days of cold rain. I will also put a blanket or her now that the rain has stopped.

· Super Moderator
36,679 Posts
"Covered" recently bred....when a buck breeds some white discharge is not uncommon...

· Registered
10,026 Posts
Generally a yeast infection is accompanied by a fever but not always. I agree that she may have recently been bred and that is what you are seeing but I would keep watch and see if there is more discharge. Sorry to be graphic but is the discharge like cottage cheese or just runny white?

· Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the discharge was mixed in with her urine. it was very watery white and it had a few little chunks in it.
then, a few minutes later she dropped just a little of the runny white discharge (no urine). this time it was a little more consistent, not as watery as when it was mixed with urine.
maybe that WAS like you guys said, after the breeding.
She is otherwise very active, great appetite and I put two sweatshirts on her today because even with a brand new thermometer, her temp was still 100.1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.