The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 year old lamancha/oberhasli/Nigerian dwarf doe is yelling and yelling. She has plenty of food (free choice hay)and water. She quiets down if I visit, but will still do it a bit. She is normally very skittish so I didn’t get a chance to examine her. I would need an extra set of hands to do that right now due to an injury. Any ideas why she would be doing this? It has gone on for over 24 hours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I’ll chalk it up to heat for now. That is the only time she makes any noise all year long.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
I have a whole line of girls who scream ...Drom, her 3 daughters and her two granddaughters...
I’ll tell you, I’m shocked that social services or animal control hasn’t knocked when they all cycle together lol...
It’s nerve wracking! However, it does make arranging dates easy lol ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 5 year old lamancha/oberhasli/Nigerian dwarf doe is yelling and yelling. She has plenty of food (free choice hay)and water. She quiets down if I visit, but will still do it a bit. She is normally very skittish so I didn't get a chance to examine her. I would need an extra set of hands to do that right now due to an injury. Any ideas why she would be doing this? It has gone on for over 24 hours.
Its a possibility shes in heat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts