Yes! Progress! =D

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Crissa, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Heidi and Lyric have BOTH started developing udders! Heidi's is definitely bigger than Lyric's. I would get pictures but they aren't THAT big yet. More like a large handful for Heidi and Lyrics is about half of that. I'm still not sure about Lyrae. :shrug:

And some more good news........the big boer breeder that lives down here wants to buy milk from me! (for animal consumption) So any extra milk will be going to them.

:wahoo:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sounds great.......congrats.... :greengrin: :leap:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I always love it when I know for sure that my girls are preggy!

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    It makes it sooo much easier on my nerves. Now if I just had an EXACT due date it would be even easier. :roll:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yay that is so exciting Crissa!! And really neat that you have a buyer for your milk as well! :)

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! :greengrin:

I was wondering if they are due in mid March should I be able to feel babies kicking?

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah, it was great! Because I was talking to them at the show and saying how I had them bred and she's just like "what are you going to do with all of the milk?" I wasn't really sure, because I won't know if I'll have the time to really do anything with ALL of it. So she asked if she could buy anything extra, and I said of course! :thumbup:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep. You can should definitely feel kicking if they are due in March. :)

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Great! Because I swore that I felt light kicking going on inside of Lyric earlier! :leap: Please let there be :boy: :girl: I want one of each! (if I had to choose though I want the girl of course!) :pray:

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I have two does due the beginning of march and I can really feel kicking i :girl: :girl: :wahoo: n both of them. I also have two due in April and I can feel really light kicking in them.

So I would say sometime in March is a good guess. :hi5:

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I love feeling them kicking around. When Lyrae was pregnant with Orion we could just watch him move around in there. Poor Lyrae didn't think it was nearly as neat as we did.

Now I would be excited if Lyric kidded on my birthday. :greengrin:

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Wow, Heidi's udder doubled over night. Last night it was the same as before and now it is noticeably bigger. (I might actually be able to get a pic of it and you can tell, lol) Lyric's hasn't grown any yet though. :(

13. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    That is great! Can't wait to see those babies! Lets hope for healthy, moonspotted girls! (with correct conformation too of course! :wink: )

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well Crissa...Maybe we'll have kids born the same day....both my girls are due 3/11 to 3/21( 145-150) days.....sure to hit your B'day either way!A

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Crissa, glad your girls are progressing! :hi5:

As you know, TGS is not working right and I need to ask a question...sorry but I need to "borrow" your thread. :wink: Thank you!

So Hallie (cashmere doe) was acting like she was in labor yesterday. She wouldn't eat! She made a little nest. Cha Cha distended. She was moaning (very low volume), literally, all day and most of the night. She's not due till 2/27. But, the buck did get into the girls pasture once, so I thought, OK she could go early. So, I put her in the kidding stall and turned the monitor on. Her ligs are low but not totally gone, and with all that fiber, it's hard to see some of the other things we look for. But, then this morning she seems fine, eating, moving around. Do you think that was just the kids moving into position? Is it OK to put her back with the "girls"? Several of my does are due soon, so, you'll all be holding my hand again! Thanks!

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Di, I think that unless she is showing you significant changes in her udder, you would be safe to assume that she is feeling those kids moving into position. If it were my doe and I knew there was possibility of her going sooner due to the earlier buck escape, I would feel better putting her in a stall at night and letting her out with the herd through the day.

17. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thank you Liz, I did go ahead and put her out with the others this morning. Well, I gave her the option of going out with the others...she took it. But, she is able to go back in the barn if she wants to. Hopefully, she will come back in if she "decides" she's ready, :doh: Yep, her udder is filling, but it's not "full" and shiny like she was last year. So, I really think she isn't going early. I think I caught the buck soon after he "escaped" his pasture (I don't blame him...I left the gate unlocked because I was going back and forth and was "right there" LOL). All that groaning kind of threw me! She looks like she's really dropped too, but, for now I'm going with my original due date. :)

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    SHH! Don't jinx me! :ROFL: Now she's gonna give me a moonspotted BOY just to spite me. But the baby(ies) was kicking up a storm today! I think it was mad at me. lol

Liz~ That would be the greatest birthday present ever if Lyric did that, but it would still be exciting if one of your girls did too!

And Di, it's alright I understand. :thumbup: Glad my thread could help.

19. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks Crissa! I was so frustrated when I tried to post originally...thought it was something I was doing wrong. By the time I used your thread I was pretty sure it was a false alarm...but I had to post anyway...guess I'm addicted to TGS as well as my goats! :help:

I'm looking forward to your girls kidding...good luck!