The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm joining the ranks of everyone wanting to know if their does are bred or not. :rolleyes:
Sorry the pics aren't better- she was being SO uncooperative!! :hair: I had her perfectly lined up and my camera kept dying.
Anywho, the black goat is Ella, and she should've been bred in mid-august if she is. I don't have the exact date right now, but I can get it.
The last is my 7 month old ND doeling who should not be in any way even possibly bed, but is looking suspicious to me. If she was bred, it would've been before I got her, (I got her at four mo. old) as she has not been with a buck at all since I got her.
Her half sister's behind looks the same, and I'm a bit worried- They were both a bit stunted when I got them, and I really don't want them to be bred that young. :(
Thanks! :)
Sarah

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
First one no, second, hard to tell. But I say no also on her.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol! Well, sorry I forgot to say the first two pics are the same goat, my ND doe Ella. :)
And those pics were all taken today. ;) So the last one is the 7 month old doeling.:)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, that's a yes then for Ella? :D Cause that would be awesome! She ought to be bred by now; she was with the buck off and on for months! I think they got separated a couple of times just too soon or something, or she wouldn't take. I was told when I got her (in April?) that she was due in July or August. :rolleyes: :sigh: :shrug:

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
No clue just wanted to say your young one does look puffy there but the do also do that before coming into heat.....so either watch her for a heat or check her out again in a few weeks

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I'm thinking yes for the B&W one.. The black one looks like a no? idk.. lol!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's some pics of the doeling's half sister; she's 7 months as well. These are all of the same doeling, taken today. ;) I think she looks the same, but what do y'all think?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
On the young ones, their vulvas look like they point up, so I still vote no for all of them... But who knows.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
On the young ones, their vulvas look like they point up, so I still vote no for all of them... But who knows.
Out of curiosity why do you think they look like they are pointing up? In the first and third picture of the half-sister posted two up I thought it looks like its pointed down towards the ground?

I'd lean towards yes on the younger two, but would love to learn more!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
The younger two's vulva's do look puffy, but IME, when a doe gets that puffy, they have an udder. On the last picture post, look at the second to last picture. Looks like the vulva points up to me. When my does are in heat, they look like that, so maybe they are in heat.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Ok they may just be in heat because on the last post, take a look at the second pic. The vulva is swollen put still points down. I have a couple does who look like they are pregnant all the time, and it wouldn't surprise me that siblings are the same.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts