The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
166 Posts
I only see two of the Does but out of the two I pick two over one because she is cleaner,smoother and bigger boned,wider chested

·
14,615 Posts
All i can say is DarlinCierra is in that class but her papers probably wont be here by then. I really like yourn though. Go for it Tim, best wishes.
I really like #2 & #4.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
2, 1, 4, 3. :)

They are sooooooooo gorgeous Tim. :D

Can't wait to see them all tomorrow! The first one (Hope?) looks sooooo similar to our red girl. It will be so interesting to see how they all place. :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
1st Place: Doe #4​

I love how large boned and wide this doe is, she is clean in the chest, hindquarters are very nice, good length, depth, muscling. She is so powerful!

2nd Place: Doe #2​

Very similar to #4, as they share the mass, power, and correctness. I would like to see her come out a little more clean chested like her competitor.​

3rd Place: Doe #3​

This was the first one that caught my eye! She is a very strong, very looong, level, and well balanced doe. She could use more power, so that makes her fall behind as a breeder.​

4th Place: Doe #1​

Still a very nice, wide, deep, strong doe who will probably do very nicely in the Boer world. *Love* her chest, it is very deep, clean and wide.​

All in all, you have some spectacular female specimens and should do well at those classes! They were all very hard to draw a line between. Since you gave me 4 different angles for each, I have to also give you this-​

Best Right Side: Doe #4
Best Left Side: Doe #2
Best Rear: Doe #3
Best Chest: Doe #1​

Thanks for sharing your girls, and good luck at your show!​

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for playing everybody. It's hard to get pictures after all they've been through. Feet trimmed, bath, blow dry, clipping. They are pretty cranky and their owner too maybe. ;) Then I have to pull a family member out of the house to take the pictures. Good comments so far.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Today's judge, Ron Dilley, had them 1-2-4-3.
And Crossroads has some *big* news. ;)
Oooo is it about the new doelings!?!!? :wahoo:

And everyone's opinions will differ. Of course, seeing them over the internet is nothing like seeing them in person, like the judge! Hope that they all placed well for you :)

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And everyone's opinions will differ. Of course, seeing them over the internet is nothing like seeing them in person, like the judge! Hope that they all placed well for you :)
Yes pictures are tough. Especially my pictures. Ha. The class had 40 goats in it and they split it on age and then recombined it after a cut in both classes. I ended up with three in the first class and one in the second. All my doelings made the first cut. Two made the second cut. We ended up 7th and 8th. I'm sort of guessing how the judge had my other two placed. I'll let Victoria and Caroline tell their own story.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts