You gotta love them...if you didn't you'd have to beat them.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by ChrisM, Dec 13, 2014.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    You sure got that right!

2. rebelINny

rebelINny Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Lol I was trimming hooves tonight and Lilly my Alpine yearling wouldn't quit pulling my sock hat off and putting her mouth right in my face and blowing in it. Goat breath reeks by the way

3. ChrisM

ChrisM New Member

Jan 12, 2014
    No kidding! I have 3 that like to get up close and personal. They will get in my face and give goat kisses (Eddie being the turd that turns the kiss into a quick bite) and without fail as soon as they get up close they cough up a little cud to chew on. Reminds me of my wife's morning breath.

4. rebelINny

rebelINny Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Lol ^^^@wife's morning breath

5. Greybird

Greybird New Member

May 14, 2014
    Shelton, WA
    What I want to know is how much knit and woven fabric goats need to have in their diet.

:think:

Clearly I'm not giving them enough.

6. kc8lsk

kc8lsk New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern Mi
    Is that why they chewed holes in the sleeves of my favorite coat? At least I 'm not letting them get another one right away:laugh:

7. ChrisM

ChrisM New Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Strings on hoodies, sleeves, shirt tails, shoe laces, butt pockets on pants..... And if you don't know they are behind you, some of them can have your shirt tail half swallowed before you even know it's happening.

8. harleybarley

harleybarley Member

Sep 15, 2014
    I stopped taking the tags off boots (since I have to replace them every 3-6 months). Those plastic circles HURT when I pull them, but a goat can snip through it soo easy. I've trained them to hand me the pieces once they remove it. Then I wore my dress boots to the barn, and somebody removed the zipper pull for me. :-( She was sooo proud of herself!

9. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    :ROFL: I bet she was proud!

All my hoodies get the string cut off before it is ever worn for chores.

10. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Huh....? So now I know that is why my goat clothes drawer gets replenished often, because sometimes I forget to change cloths, and bam, another shirt or a pair of pants ends up on the goat drawer.. LOL :)

11. harleybarley

harleybarley Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Huh.

Mine gets replenished because I didn't do laundry in a month and had to buy new clothes so I'd have something to wear. :snowcheese: Oh, wait, no, that's my husband. "I'm out of underwear again!" "I just bought you a 20-pack at Costco!" "Huh. Maybe I should check the dryer. Great. Now I don't have room for all these underwear! We need a bigger dresser."

12. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    LOL I am right there with you all on having them in the middle of EVERYTHING. OMG, any time we have done anything out in their pen, we'd either have them right under our feet, or have to lock them in a separate pen lol!!!

This past spring we needed a weaning pen for the doe kids, and hubby was using twine to help him get the fenceline straight. I warned him what would happen lol. He told me to hold the rope & keep them off of it, good luck with that lol

If it turns out here are a could of videos... Hubby was getting a bit irritated, but I couldn't help but laugh! I wish I had gotten more video! Silly critters!!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS02BLFJ0w&list=UUbfMsjmnORBCC_asRkiMtnA&index=9[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAVFq04r800&index=8&list=UUbfMsjmnORBCC_asRkiMtnA[/ame]

The funniest part about that last video?

These two are ALWAYS into something together... big sister & little sister

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dixiegirl3179

dixiegirl3179 Done lost her mind...

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    I totally get it lol. I was putting up a portable shed as a shelter the other day and mine were all up in my business. I had my ratchet set on the ground in it's little box, but I didn't close the box (my bad!). One of my does was nosing around. Just as I was going to stop her, she grabbed the lip of the box in her mouth and dumped the whole thing out. BRAT! While I was trying to put the legs in, another doe was rubbing on one of the legs I'd already put on.

14. ChrisM

ChrisM New Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Random cute goat video..

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLRwEwfbCI[/ame]