You just never know who you are going to bump into!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I was at the feed store picking up the goaties food when I ran into a old friend that was in the police academy with me. We started talking and found out that him and his wife have started breeding pygmys.

Hmmm...I just happen to have a nice pygmy doe that was give to me about 3 months ago, she does not fit my program but was a nice little doe. So I asked him if he would be interested in coming to see her.

Well he fell in love with her and decided to take her before he even talked to his wife. So goodbye sweet Petunia, you are one that I know is going to a good home. :lovey:

Now I have reunited with a old friend, have made some more goat connections and been asked if me and Wallace would like to go offshore fishing as they have a offshore boat. :clap: :leap:

2. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Was that the big white whale? Did she ever kid?

Because ours that we had at that same time, that was acting crazy like that went down hill fast, and we had to put her down.

3. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    No the White Whale (Mazie) has still not kidded yet, Wallace swears that she did and then ate them. :devilish: If she has not kidded by this weekend she goes to the vet. I will post pics of her tomorrow.

Rogersfarm - I am sorry to hear about your doe, did you ever find out excatly what was wrong with her?

This was a doe that someone had tied up in thier backyard and never trimmed her feet or wormed her, actually they did not feed her at all either.

Petunia: not a good photo - took this about a month after I had her. She had a abcess blow out on her back foot, that is why she is holding it up.
    [​IMG]

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Yes, always good to make a goatie connection, and even more so, when it's an old friend. :) So cool and lots to talk about. :greengrin:

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Yes we have lots to catch up on, actually we all know each other throught the academy. Wallace's late wife was mine and K's instructor at the academy. Man we spent many a late night with her studying, partying at thier house, riding patrol with her, taking lessons one on one.

:sigh: Even though it means me and W would not be together now, I wish she was still here. :(

6. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    No, we never knew exactly. She was acting all wierd like a buck, chattering and wagging her tongue. Few days later she got to where she was waddling around bow legged. Looked like she was heavy bred and uncomfortable. Discharging whitish liquid, and with a full udder, which by the way, there was only one big teat. It was like a half an udder, but hanging right in the middle of the body. It was just kind of like an upside down cone that hung underneath her. Wierdest thing I have ever seen. Next day, she was really laboring to stand and walk, seemed very unsteady. We thought it would be any time. Next day, she could no longer stand up and balance herself. Seemed to be unable to control her legs, and acted like she was drunk when she did stand. I did alot of research and decided that it must be hypocalcemia. Did not have any CMPK to give so I went to TSC which they didnt have any either but they had calcium gluconate. I bought that and hurried home, but it was to late. My husband went to try to give her some tums in the mean time, but when he went out there, she could no longer control any of her body. Seemed to be convulsing, but may have just been trying to move her legs to stand up. She was crying and crying so my husband put her down, and then made an effort to do a C section to try and save the kids. However, when he opened her up, there were none. Nothing. Wierdest most confusing situation we have ever had with a goat. We had just taken her in from some locals who had he with a bunch of Boars and they were selling everything. We agreed to take her even with the crazy udder thinking that she would kid soon and it would be worth it. Turns out she was only at our place for a few days. This was about 2 months ago or so.

7. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Sorry, I didnt mean to hijack this thread replying to your other post. Got carried away.

8. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Don't worry about the hijacking, and I am wondering what was really wrong with her now. I have never heard anything described like that.

The White Whale is always acting buckish, she has a large bag right now with her teats almost to the ground. I keep thinking "any day now she will pop" then nothing happens. Honestly she does not even look pregnant to me. But my God she was so overweight when we got her that when she tried to run everything on her jiggled. LOL

9. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    This goat was the same way. Her bag was huge and just about touching the ground. Matter of fact, she has some scrapes and muddy spots ot the udder from it touching the ground when she walked ever a high spot. And she was huge too. Long and wide. Looked like the babies had already dropped and were coming any minute. Only problem was..... no babies.

10. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Definetly going to the vet Friday now if she does not have them before that. This is why I hate not knowing a due date on a doe. I have no clue if she is over due or not.

11. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    I know. Not knowing the due date is terrible.