You know you are a serious addict when????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by myfainters, Nov 12, 2010.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    You run outside 10X a day just to check goat udders and rear ends to guess how much longer before you will have new babies!!!!! :ROFL: :slapfloor: :GAAH: :help:

:scratch: Especially since I still have a month before any HOPE of new kids being born!!! :roll: :tears:

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

bahahahaha I know the feeling girl!

3. melb1

melb1 New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Thank God I'm not the only one! Although, in my own defense, ours are due any day (if not today).

It is scary how many pictures of goats backsides I have stored on my computer (especially since we've only had them for four months!). My neighbours must think I'm crazy when they see me out with my camera crouched down BEHIND the goat. :shocked:

I've been inside for 10 minutes - better go check again......... :laugh:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. melb1

melb1 New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    It paid off for me today, Jess. I knew that one was due any tick of the clock. A different one gave birth though :GAAH: :ROFL: :hair:

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    LOL The Doe Code of Honor at its finest!

7. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

:ROFL: :slapfloor: hmmmm, I'll have to go check the birth announcements for that story now!!!!! :ROFL:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :ROFL: Thats a sure sign of being "goat addicted"!
    I'm out every day checking out my FF udder to be....and she's not due til February!

9. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    LMBO.... good to know I'm not the ONLY one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFL: My husband thinks I'm a TOTAL nut! hahahaha. :help:

10. belotebar

belotebar New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    My husband doesn't think I'm crazy 'cause he's just as bad a me... It's my boss who just shakes her head and says go on... I've already put her on notice that birthings are the last week of January - first week of february!!!

11. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Well the last couple of weeks I've gotten to spend less time with my goats :( But hopefully things will start slowing down in the next week or so, and I will have my time back for them :)
    However, with that said I am CONSTANTLY watching them from the windows!

With my first two preggo does this past summer I was a freak checking on them 3-4x a day LOL
    But I didn't know an exact date bred just a time frame..

We had one doe abort a few weeks ago :( But we have another due Jan 2nd, and I am seeing so many changes, that 'urge' to mother the mommy to be is coming into play.
    I can't wait for BABIES!! :)

12. :ROFL: I know right! I'll be showing people pics of my HUMAN kids on my camera, just scrollin through, and a goat butt will pop up, a CLOSE UP of course! WHAT THE??? WHY are you taking pictures of your goats behind????? :ROFL: oh people just don't understand???

13. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    :ROFL: :slapfloor: I do that all the time! HAHAHAHA The looks on their faces is always priceless!!!!

14. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I keep a diaper bag on hand at all times "just in case" I have a little one" (or bring one home) I have seen friends at Wall Mart when I have diapers in my buggy and they look at me funny til I tell them what it's for and they go "Oh. That's cool." They know me around here. :greengrin:

You know you have been together awhile when a chicken in a diaper doesn't faze your husband. TRUE STORY!
    One of our blue orph's was attacked by a stray dog and tore up pretty good. She has been in the garden tub rehab all weekend. Sunday we tided up the house and I was in the bedroom hanging and folding laundry when Yung comes in with the hover, glances down at the chicken with the diaper and says, "You think the noise will scare her? I can put her in the living room til I'm done." How many hubby's wouldn't think twice about seeing something like that. :) Heck when we finished, we went to the living room and watched FireProof while the chicken stretched out up against the couch and took a nap. :p

Gina

15. melb1

melb1 New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    :ROFL: :slapfloor: