You know you live on a farm when...

Discussion in 'Game Room' started by OwnedByTheGoats, Mar 18, 2013.

1. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

You know you live on a farm when you go to sleep early because you value sleep more than anything. And you can’t wait for it to be spring and green things to start growing again. You know you live on a farm when you hate rain because it will give your animals more parasites, and you shake your head when you see people’s large wide open properties with absolutely no livestock on it. And when you're out walking and you see a hillside full of black berry or grass or honeysuckle and you say to yourself “Man my goats would have a feast!”. And you stop hating weeds and tall grass. And start hating rhododendron and poisonous plant. You know you live on a farm when your favorite clothes are the ones you’re most comfortable working in. And your hair is two shades lighter than it used to be from all the sun you get, and your hands have caluses from the shovels and bucket handles. And you rejoice when your compost is hot and steaming in the night when you go out to put your animals in after dark. And you are fit and healthy and at peace because you just had a full day of work, and now you are coming in to eat a meal where the food you’re eating was mostly grown and produced on your own land.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You know you live on a farm when you get upset with your husband for making himself coffee and not the baby's milk bottle and making her a happy goat.:bonk:

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You know you live on a farm when the kid and your kid watch the sunset

Attached Files:

5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. odieclark

odieclark Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I want a rooster crowing ring tone or alarm on my phone and also a few goats bleating too! Anyone have those?

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  8. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I have a ring tone that sounds like a sheep. (No one knows the difference), but if it goes off in the barn, I don't notice it among the cacophony of goat voices! (I never carry my cell phone, it sits near the door and is basically a dust collector!)

9. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I have a Lion's roar for a ringtone. The animals stop and stare for a few seconds and tgen ignore me again.

10. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    You know you live on a farm (and have been baling hay) when you see someone's huge manicured lawn and wonder how many bales they could have gotten if they let it grow! :heehee:

11. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    You know you live on a "goat" farm when you spend 30 minutes helping a TSC customer address an issue and pick the right medication for their goat. :)

12. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    you know you live on a farm when you finally get to go to bed during a rain storm and your "mind" walks the property to make you you got everyone in a safe dry place.

13. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Don’t I know it, LOL!!

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You know you live on a farm when you bring the goats and chickens inside to get warm and you go outside without a jacket and shoes to collect eggs.

16. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    You know you live on a "Goat" farm when you go to TSC and someone walks up to you and asks if you own goats because you smell like a buck. Then you hold a 30-minute conversation with them about your goats and theirs.

luvmyherd, MadHouse, Tanya and 2 others like this.
  17. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    You know you live on a farm when...... you tell your family the care for the livestock always comes first. Suck it up and fix your own breakfast.

18. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    You know you live on a farm. When a shopping spree is as run to the feed store, TCS, Atwoods, then on your way home you stop in Lowes to get those Tposts that finally went on sale
    You know you live on a farm when you dont get a manicure/pedicure..you have stall mucking to do.
    You can 37 quarts of fresh snapped green beans, 42 quarts of 3 types of pickles , and freeze 25 pks of corn.on the cob as your Saturday off!
    You know you live on a farm when you walk outside in the morning, that old shaggy dog wags his tail as he walks up, your coffee smell mixes with the musky wet morning ,as the roosters sing to their clucking hens. The goats hear you and start calling as they.run to the feed trough. And you hear your horse ask for breakfast,tail swinging and head bobbing as she walks up. Its quiet and no cars!

toth boer goats, MadHouse and Tanya like this.
  19. odieclark

odieclark Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I want that ring tone

Iluvlilly! likes this.