You know you live on a farm when...

Discussion in 'Game Room' started by OwnedByTheGoats, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Stef

Stef New Member

Jun 21, 2020
    Woodstock I'll, usa
    Iluvlilly! likes this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You know you live on a goat farm when your goats know what a goat grumble from you means, and your human kids have no clue.
    When you tell your goat to sit and she listens but when you give the same instruction to your dog he thinks you are crazy.

3. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    You know you live on a farm when....your mother catches you using her bath towel to clean a goat placenta.....

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh
    OH I know that one. Mom cant stay cross for long if she loves the babies allot. Chevani used my best towel to clean goat boogers off Destiny's face on Saturday.

5. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    You've been disbudding kids and smell like burnt horn and have to pick up the grandkid from work at the local donut store. You walk in forgetting that you are pretty pungent and embarrass her to death! :heehee:

6. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Lol yes! I took one look at my mother's face and thought 'well, it's been a while since iv been whooped!', but she just said oh well at least you got the kid clean!

7. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh yes. My Dad had chronic inability to differentiate between "Towels" and "Rags". Used a powder room hand towel to clean motor oil off of something once. He's gotten better though since Mom made a designated rag spot. I guess kids and guys just think a towel is a towel.:lolgoat:

8. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    :oops2:
    In my case, I always seem to underestimate how many towels I need for kidding.....

9. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Wait, you mean there are towels that are supposed to be used just for towel stuff? :omg: (I'm the bad one with towels, good thing they are my towels). I bought a bunch at an auction one time, like 20 hotel big bath towels. Pure white! That was then, with hard well water, muddy dogs and birth stuff, they are grayish now! But still thick and thirsty.

(Did you know.... ? That using fabric softener sheets on towels in the clothes drier makes them less able to be absorbent. The softener coats the towel and it won't absorb as much water!

10. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Most of the towels in our house are also a different colour than we started with..lol. good to know about the fabric softener! We hardly ever use it on clothes anyways..

11. Goataddict

Goataddict Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Abuja, Nigeria
    You know you live on a farm when ....

You stay up all night with a cup of coffee waiting in the goat barn for your doe to kid and your guests still cover their noses while passing a rutty buck but you don't mind. :heehee::p

12. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You know you live on a farm when....

You jump in the car to go to the store and realise too late you are still wearing your gumboots from cleaning the barn and you still have hay in your hair.

13. Goataddict

Goataddict Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Abuja, Nigeria
    :heehee:

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You have an opthomologist appointment and you arrive wearing you yard goggles instead of your glasses and you forgot to bring your medical aid card, instead you find your vets membership card in your cubbyhole. Thats me today. Luckily they k ow me.

15. goodenuff

goodenuff Active Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho

Your English teacher tells you to write an informative essay so you write multiple pages on Myotonic Goats. She still discusses it with me to this day and it was years ago!

16. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    You know you live on a farm when::

You go to work on Monday and everyone asks why you werent at the bosses birthday gathering? The one the business was paying for you & 1 other drinks & dinner. You say..oh the one that required Sunday dress? I was busy in the birth barn. Have 2 does ready, and a 3rd doe delivered twins. Awww they say. That would only take about 10 minutes. Why didnt you just come late? It was free! I just smile & say. I was busy! :bonk:

17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You know you live on a farm....

When it gets hard to put down one of your animals and talk to them for an hour before the vet arrives.

18. elvis&oliver

elvis&oliver Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Pa
    You know....by smell and always having to check your nails before you go out to dinner mine always have something under them. before we got out side by side buggy, every car had a smell. Horse poo goat poo guinea cage poo but always a smell. Also my grocery lists are always feed stores first and mornings are taken by chores but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

You know you live on a farm when hard work can still bring a smile and make you feel good all day :)

Kass, Sfgwife, Iluvlilly! and 6 others like this.
  19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  20. goodenuff

goodenuff Active Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    How about this one: you know you live in a rural area when the local high school superintendent/principal doesn’t allow kids to wear muck boots, clean or dirty, and if you wear them, you have to leave them at the front doors and get a change of shoes.