The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a young doe with the runs. She is moping around I dosed her with 5cc neomycin and wormed her with Ivermectin Plus I also gave her pepto and ashot of nutri drench. How often should I give the neomycin.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The sooner you can treat for cocci the better,dimethox 12.5 is day one 1ml per 5 lbs then days 2-5 1 ml per 10 ibs,pepto for runs ,probiotics are good,electrolyes free choice,cd antitoxin is also good.treat aggressive and keep hydrated,will kill fast

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you mean treating the whole heard individually that would be fine,as an oral drench,I hear not to put it in the drinking water for the whole heard because they usually do not get enough med to treat,just treated my own kid with dimethox ,worked well ,daily 5 days,baycox is good from what I hear its only 1 dose then another in 10 days I think,I personally would focus on the sick kid right now

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
I ove baycox too...one to two doses..cant beat it..and it works! But your youngdoe may need treatment now..Baycox has to be ordered from horseprerace.com..well worth getting a bottle and keeping it on hand..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts