The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 1/2 month old wether and he can't pee and when he tries only drops come out and he cries! I have a vet coming soon but I was wondering if there is anything I can do for now?

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
Some believe Apple Cider Vinegar can give short term relief....Do not give him water right now..the liquid will only fill his bladder..keep him calm..if you have any banamine..give him some,...glad the vet is on his way..

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
if you have Ammonium Cloride mix 2 Tablespoons with some water and drench him.

If the vet can make him extend you will want to see if there is a stone lodged at the end - if so that tiny little part can be cut off to allow the stones to pass more easily.

Banamine will help with pain and inflammation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the vet came out this morning and we are now on are way to the clinic for surgery so we are wishing him the best of luck!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Good luck :hug:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On our way to pick him up. They said they got what the could he has a fifty fifty chance of making it but we got medicine and they gave us a new diet plan for him!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Wow , that is scary , prayers for a full recovery !
Im so frightened of that happening . To anybody else this would sound foolish , but I watch the bucks pee as many times as I can catch them.
Just to make sure things are moving along normally.
Glad you caught it and treated quickly !
Poor guy :(

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
That's great he is already perking up! :)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
So glad to hear he is recovering. :hug: I watch my boys pee as often as I can, such a scary thing. :hug:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts