The Goat Spot Forum banner

your favorite goat milk recipes

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  healthyishappy 
#1 ·
What do you love to make with goat milk? What's your favorite cheese/other recipe? We're swimming in it for the first time!

#4 ·
Ok you educated goat recipe ladies.. I need your help please. I went to a Kiko organization sale. They had burgers, shredded goat , ice cream, and the MOST AMAZING Potatoe salad I have ever eaten. Do any of you have this recipe? Ohhhh it was sooooo creamy...please if you do...can I get the recipe from you...thankyou

#5 ·
I've made homemade yogurt in a crock pot, kids always love that.

I've even made pudding with it, it was delicious!

We made a very simple cheese with some rennet, and salt and hang it to dry out in the summer. My hubby has shredded this cheese before filled a glass jar with it packed tightly, then he leaves it for several weeks with plastic wrap packed over the top and a cap. The cheese starts to ferment. I was super skeptical to eat it at first, (to be totally honest I was afraid I would die of food poisoning lol) but reassure me I wouldn't die and he told me this is what he would eat all the time in Romania as a kid. We all tried it and all loved it, my kids beg him to make it.

#6 ·
Interesting on the fermented cheese....hmmmmm I may have to try that.

We currently make ice cream, yogurt, chevre and use it for cooking cream soups and such. I actually have a cheese press now and am going to start experimenting with hard cheeses!

#7 ·
I make soap, lotion, body butter, and little exfoliation scrubby blocks with my milk. I once made cheese, but in my mind it was too much work for just a little bit... I have made ice cream, and OMG! It is SUPER good! I also use it when i make fried chicken for the batter, and it makes it 100x better than with store milk!

#8 ·
I make soft goat cheese (will be set up some day to make hard cheeses also), yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding, ice cream, milk shakes/frappes, custard, cheese cakes, cream pies, cajeta and gallons of chocolate milk made with unsweetened cocoa, vanilla and sugar. My son goes thru a gallon of that a day. Lets see, soap and lotions are good. You can always get a bull calf or pigs to raise for meat, or resell after they are weaned.

Reactions: GoofyGoat
#9 ·
Unfortunately on our land and situation, no more livestock. We can only have a small herd of dwarf and mini goats. Otherwise, we would be feeding it to chickens or a pig.

#11 ·
we use goats milk to make , soap, lotion, farm cheese, smoothies, we also like to make pudding from scratch, which we pour in popsicle containers for a yummy treat. we use in everyday cooking.

#14 ·
Sorta like caramel. Found this on Wikipedia "
Cajeta is a confection of thickened syrup usually made of sweetened caramelised goat's milk. It is a type of dulce de leche. In Mexico, it is considered a specialty of the city of Celaya in the state of Guanajuato.

Cajeta is made by simmering goat's milk, or occasionally a sweetened liquid, stirring frequently, until its viscosity increases due to evaporation of water, and caramelized. While goat milk is the most usual base, other liquids or juices may be used.

In Celaya, and eventually the rest of Mexico, the confection of half goat's milk and half cow's milk became known by the name cajeta, elsewhere, the milk candy is known as leche quemada, dulce de leche, etc. It has cousins in the many Indian milk-based sweets like pera and the milk fudge burfi, and in the opera fudge of the United States. Cajeta is eaten on its own as a sweet, as a spread or filling for breads and pastries, such as churros, and as a topping for ice cream.

Certain liquors are added to special recipes called cajeta envinada. In addition, cajeta envinada especial is enriched with raisins, almonds, pecans or nuts. Often it is used as a topping for crêpes, as a sweet sauce boiled and softened down with milk to soak the crepes, resulting in a tasty dessert. It is also very common to place cajeta between obleas to make a traditional Mexican candy.

Heres a thread about it: https://www.thegoatspot.net/threads/cajeta-d.206795/page-2#post-2340751

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.