The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I on;y have alpines but i look at other breeds as well as i can be quite the goat fanatic,
alpine
munchin hill
some olentangy
some willow run
hoach's/brandt's
some strawberry fields
some waiilatpu
sand dance
qu'appelle
My current herd consists of olentangy munchin hill qu'appelle clovertops with a little nixons and cherry glen.

Nubians, I like kastdemurs mostly From what i have seen from the Remuda herd i like them. and IR ranch
Lamanchas again i like some kastdemurs and the rockin cb herd.
Nigies i like rosasharn and Cammanas the best
Never really look at saanens and toggs for some reason
Obers i like udderly crazy and tonka tails.
beth

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Sarah i love obers and if i get another breed thats what i want, where did you get your first obers and what did you think of their overall type. Im finding it really hard to find an ober that i really like, Even the 05 national champion i like but there are somethings that i would definatly change about her.
I have found it hard to find a doe who i feel is the over all package like i have found in all the other breeds.
beth

· Registered
2,847 Posts
thanks i had never herd of this one before. I like a lot of their does. I see a lot of roachy toplines in the obers around here. As well as not so great fore udders. It can be discouraging. I guess its justa breed that hasn't been as improved as some of the other breeds they will get there someday. But its hard if you're buying a buck out a good doe but not a great doe. Hard to make those improvements that needs to be made.
beth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.