The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Alpaca land
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I want to start a thread where you say your favorite goat milk recipes such as butter,ice cream or whatever you want!:cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
My favorite thing that I have made with goat milk so far has been fudge. I used the recipe off of the ADGA website, but I want to try it again with a family recipe that doesn't use marshmallow creme.

·
Registered
30,594 Posts
Chocolate pudding!! You need to use a bit more corn starch since goats milk makes it a bit more runny..but YUM!!:drool:
Oh and Soap and lotion..love goats milk soap and lotion...:D

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
I've made goats milk soap, butter (takes a while for me to collect enough cream, and I store the cream in the freezer), kefir, goats milk mozzarella, ricotta....

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
I forgot to say goats milk ice cream. mmm!

and you can use it in béchamel sauce (I do for mac & cheese recipes...also great for alfredo sauce)

·
1,524 Posts
cajita!!!!!

I make Chevre, Fromage Blanc, Ricotta and Mozzerella cheese
Yogurt
Pudding
ice cream
butter
frappes
custard
soap
I want to get the set up for hard cheeses and lotions.

·
8,171 Posts
Crème of Potato soup! The goats' milk makes it really creamy!
Pudding Choc. and Vanilla
Real Hot Chocolate with semi sweet baking chocolate, sugar and Goats' Milk!
Chocolate Milk Shakes (there is a chocolate theme here!)

·
Registered
905 Posts
We make lots of soups with it: Creamy Dill Potato, Cream of Mushroom, Creamy Chicken Noodle...MMMMM! Also, we make the easy go cheese with ACV and try various herbs and spices in it. We use it all the time for Chi Tea, Hot Chocolate and any drink that calls for milk. I want to learn how to make soap with it, but haven't found a good place to figure it out yet. (Is there a thread here on it? I can't find a search button to look it up.)

·
Registered
402 Posts
so far with our goats milk I have made fudge, mozzarella cheese and a simple soft cheese that uses vinegar.
The soft cheese is my favorite and is very versatile and extra easy. heat a gallon of milk to 185, add 1/4 cup vinegar, hold at 185 for 15 minutes, then drain into cheesecloth. i let it drain in the cheesecloth to the point that it crumbles. I sometimes add herbs like oregano, rosemary, and garlic salt to flavor it. We use it in lasagna as a substitute for ricotta and as a topping for pastas a lot. Just today I tossed this cheese with some bowtie pasta, a little olive oil and some grated parmesan cheese and it was so good.

·
Alpaca land
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh well could somebody give me a smaller recipe for the chèvre because I'm just learning and I'm timid about using that much milk

·
Alpaca land
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh my god I just made the most delish goat milk smoothie,I added I banana,two plumbs,2 teaspoons of ground flax seed,goat milk and I think that's it,I fed some to the chickens and they like it the same as I do I'll say if I added something else and I remember later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts