The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
well.....in my OPINION (and you did ask) there is nothing nastier than a live chicken on the whole planet. Don't get me wrong. I eat chicken. I LOVE eggs. But I could go my whole life and never touch a live one if it were up to me. They smell bad, they eat absolutely anything and they poop all over my goat barn. The first person to have grabbed one, plucked it and eaten it was one very hungry individual, I think. :lol:

I try really hard to keep my kids from handling the chicks. Of course, my kids try really hard to handle the chicks behind my back but they know that if they have touched a chicken, they had better scrub up well because there WILL be an inspection. :wink:

Kristen

· Registered
194 Posts
ack! My girls have a pet hen named 'Fluffy' and a pet rooster named 'Nugget'. Nugget likes to try and eat my toes when I wear flip flops and for some reason known only to her, Fluffy tries to sit in my lap when I am milking. I really don't like chickens. I can't stand chickens in the barn at all. But the darn things just won't go away. The kids love 'em but I like them best when they are vacuum sealed. My grandmother always said we would get mites and/or sick from handling chickens so I try not to let the kids handle them at all but as you can tell, they still manage to make the chickens friendly as all get out anyway.

Nothing beats fresh eggs though so I do try to be nice to our chickens (without touching them) and it never occured to me that my kids could actually make the little chicks ill! :doh:

Kristen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.