The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George is quite wooly in these pictures, but my clippers are broken and the new ones are not here yet. But I am going to offer him up for stud service this fall (driveway breedings). A few folks are already interested in him. So I decided to try and get a few decent pictures of him that show him off.

One thing I have been trying to find, desperately, is a picture of his mother and his mother's udder. But sadly, both his breeder and the breeder of his parents are out of the goat business (I got him from someone he'd been sold to, not his breeder). I've sent a few letters that have been returned undeliverable to old addresses that I scrounged up. So I truly do not know what her udder is like. I do know that some of the goats in his lines DO have fantastic udders. I personally can't wait to see how his daughter's udder turns out eventually.

The last picture is him being silly during tonight's photo shoot, haha.

Anyway, let me know what you think. If you were looking for a buck for stud service, would you want him to breed your does? Why or why not?

Attachments

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! His level rump is actually something I LOVE about him. He passed it onto his daughter, correcting her mother's steep rump! It was exciting seeing that something improved!

It would be nice if he drew in a bit of income for buck service. But I will be careful regarding diseases. I am setting up a 10x10 kennel next to the driveway for literal driveway breedings. My other goats never go as far as the driveway, so it is the safest place to have a strange goat for a bit. Plus I'll obviously inspect any does before they step near him.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Very handsome dude! He reminds me of my Kiwi! Gotta love those bucky boys!
Does he have any sisters or daughters that you might be able to get udder pictures from?
I would definitely want to see udders and milking history before breeding my does to any buck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts