Yule goats

Discussion in 'Pack Goat Training' started by mmahamilton, Sep 4, 2020.

1. mmahamilton

mmahamilton Member

Jun 25, 2020
    indiana
    Over the long weekend I ran across russian horse chimes that are attached to the saddle part of the harness. I'm in love with these things! Has anyone used these on goats?
    I have some brass bells that are similar to the horse chimes and I think that I may be able to make a set .

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. mmahamilton

mmahamilton Member

Jun 25, 2020
    indiana
    Here is a pic of the horse chimes
    1DAD7439-E3FE-480A-BFD3-090203903AA3.jpeg

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh...i love the horse chimes. Im sure your goat would get used to them. That is such a cute & clever idea. ! Good luck and please keep us informed with your pictures & ideas. I use alot of the Dollar Store Christmas decorations. Im suprised with all they carry.
    Cant wait to see your final pictures!

4. mmahamilton

mmahamilton Member

Jun 25, 2020
    indiana
    Omg I found a set of horse chimes and they were in my price range! They have the most lovely sound even though someone painted them. Now I just need to get them attached to the harness. Is there any special kind of hardware to do this?
    1C4E8428-519C-4CE5-A49C-9258B1176546.jpeg

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
  7. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Very nice! Looks to me like you should be able fasten them to the harness saddle with Chicago screws.

8. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    If you have a Michaels craft store near you they sell door bells like the ones mentioned from Walmart but you can go online and get some good discount coupons also Michaels carries a really large assortment of baskets that could work too.
    Can't wait for pictures :)