The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Over the long weekend I ran across russian horse chimes that are attached to the saddle part of the harness. I'm in love with these things! Has anyone used these on goats?
I have some brass bells that are similar to the horse chimes and I think that I may be able to make a set .

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Oh...i love the horse chimes. Im sure your goat would get used to them. That is such a cute & clever idea. ! Good luck and please keep us informed with your pictures & ideas. I use alot of the Dollar Store Christmas decorations. Im suprised with all they carry.
Cant wait to see your final pictures!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Very nice! Looks to me like you should be able fasten them to the harness saddle with Chicago screws.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
If you have a Michaels craft store near you they sell door bells like the ones mentioned from Walmart but you can go online and get some good discount coupons also Michaels carries a really large assortment of baskets that could work too.
Can't wait for pictures :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just thought I would post an update of the progress. This has been a slow process (been working and on call a lot) but here is the mock up of the pack saddle I have made so far with one of the baskets. I have been modleing it after a traditional Shetland klibber with kishie baskets. Still have a lot of work but I'm quite pleased with the results.
5D61EAAC-F315-482D-AE97-F00FFA41BB4F.jpeg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just thought I would post an update of the progress. This has been a slow process (been working and on call a lot) but here is the mock up of the pack saddle I have made so far with one of the baskets. I have been modleing it after a traditional Shetland klibber with kishie baskets. Still have a lot of work but I'm quite pleased with the results. View attachment 192143
View attachment 192143 View attachment 192143 View attachment 192143 View attachment 192143 View attachment 192143
Sorry about the multiple images of the same photo. My iPad went crazy.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Very cool saddle! Nice work! We actually took our Christmas card photos yesterday and dressed our boy Finn up as the Yule Goat and my husband dressed as Santa. We had a great time decking out our pack saddles. I'm never disappointed that we chose red as our pack colors. Red is nicely visible if a goat wanders into the bushes (or if we stupid humans get lost and need rescuing), it holds up well without fading, and it works for Christmas costumes!

Anyway, here's our Christmas card this year:
YuleGoat_2020.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very cool saddle! Nice work! We actually took our Christmas card photos yesterday and dressed our boy Finn up as the Yule Goat and my husband dressed as Santa. We had a great time decking out our pack saddles. I'm never disappointed that we chose red as our pack colors. Red is nicely visible if a goat wanders into the bushes (or if we stupid humans get lost and need rescuing), it holds up well without fading, and it works for Christmas costumes!

View attachment 192145
So CUTE!!!!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts

View attachment 192145
Gorgeous picture!!!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts