Yummy Dinner!

Discussion in 'Cookin' Corner' started by sealawyer, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I just had a leg of goat with potatos, carrots, and other goodies like onion and celery and spices for supper. I used the recipe from a cookbook called "Getting your Goat-The Gourmet Guide" written by Patricia Moore and Jill Charlotte Stamford. It has some other recipes that Gwen and I can't wait to try that are pretty basic, with ingredients that even a meat and potatos kinda guy or gal likes to cook, or fancy schmancy recipes that are cooked with wine (unfortunately you can't cook any of these with Boones Farm or Strawberry Ripple! maybe two-buck chuck!). Patricia lives and raises goats in Bend, Oregon at Sand Lily Goat Farm. If you want a copy of the book, e-mail Patricia at itcfarm@earthlink.net or phone 541-280-4816. She has a web site at http://www.sandlilygoatfarm.com that has a link to amazon, where you can buy the book.
    :)

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that does sound.....Yummy..... :greengrin: :love: :thumbup:

3. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    What I love are the recipes that use basic ingredients and are easy and fast to cook. Some thing that uses ground meat and can be prepared in 30 minutes to an hour. :drool:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats really cool - :) thanks so mch for sharing :cool:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is great... to have it quick and easy.....it makes it more enjoyable.... to be able to.. sit back and relax to eat it..sooner :wink: :greengrin:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That does sound good! It's been years since I had chevon and I do like it....but I wonder if those recipes would also work with a very close goat cousin of the wild version?

7. citylights

citylights New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Okay, you guys willl get a kick out of this...I just read this post and thought, hmm, I've had chevon (or cabritos as some call it out here) before and liked it... so I decided to check out Sealawyer's website. Saw some nice bucks and some nice does -- by the way what does "enobled" mean??? -- and then I looked at the wethers page. And I thought, "Wow, these are some nice wethers. But that's a lot of pet wethers. I WONDER WHAT THEY DO WITH THEM ALL." Oh, yes, I did....I really did

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :ROFL:

9. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    We try to sell them to Mommy's and Daddy's that strive to have their children win in the show ring in the market wether shows. We are like bluebell ice cream, we sell all we can and eat the rest! :slapfloor: