Yup ANOTHER kidding question

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by crocee, Feb 28, 2009.

1. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    How long before birth does the vulva start getting really long. I just went out to check on the goaties and Mean Tracy let me check her over. When I got to her tail she raised it (never done that as she hates me messing with her tail) and I noticed her vulva is really really long. Looks to be almost 2" or more. She has freshened before so maybe that's why. I couldn't check her udder as I couldn't see it, too much hair on it. You cant even tell how big she is due to all the long hair. Shes not ballooned out in the belly the way Tilly is, shes just really wide from her shoulders to her tail. You can blame all the questions on the steroids I am taking. They do weird things to me. As far as I know Tracy is not due until the middle of April.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I've seen them start stretching ...like a month... some a little earlier.. from kidding date.....that means you have a good doe ..that prepares herself for kidding ...they are much better than the ones that do not.... :greengrin:

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Well thats a good thing then. I was suddenly afraid thats why she was being so mean. She has been digging a hole in the bedding for a while now but she covers it up and digs another one a few days later. Maybe shes practicing??? trying to get it right??? My goats are so silly at times.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    the goaties are silly alright......... :wink:

but the pawing....you said she is due in april? that's a little strange...

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She's getting prepared....good girl! I noticed that my 2nd freshener's vulva changed dramatically 3 weeks ago...and she's due the 11th.

As far as the pawing goes, she may just be trying to get comfortable, the bigger my 2 girls get the more they are up and down :wink:

6. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    My first post about Tracy has her due date at 3/21/09 and 3/28/09. If this site ever crashes I am going to be in trouble. April is the date the other doe would be due if she was bred by my buck. Sheesh I will be glad when I finish these meds.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'd say that Tracey is right on with her due date. :thumb:

8. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Thanks Liz. So today would be 130 or 120 depending on the date she took, right?

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That sounds about right crocee, Tracey surely won't give you the headaches that Tilly has!