Zee Kidded!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Re: Zee Overdue 151

Woohoo!!! :cool: :cool: Babies soon!!!

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She's pigged out and has moved out of the barn and up the hill to lay near a tree which is actually right below my den windows. She's laying there which is unusal for her. She usually gets her fill and claims the doghouse in the barn and overlooks everyone else eating. I do hope these changes mean more are to come and then babies. I surely need some baby goats!

3. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts

:girl: :girl: :leap:

4. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Babies soon. :wahoo:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Well she stood by that tree for ages and now she's moved back down to the barn. I have noticed she's not laying around much like she tends to do. She's standing. Right now with her front feet on the dog house (which is just about burried in the hay on the floor) and chewing cud. Luna is laying at the other end of the dog house. May go check her again soon.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

:GAAH:

I don't know what the story is. Her udder is slowly growing but too slow for it to double anytime soon. Can't really tell with the ligs, they don't seem to have changed.

We're never going to get babies at this rate. :sigh: I'm so anxious to see them too.

7. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Shes looking to see if your going anywhere soon. As soon as you leave she will pop those babies out. :ROFL:

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

:hair: When are they coming out?????? That girl sure is a PRO at the waiting game! SHEESH

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

O my, here I am getting anxious for the next 6 1/2 WEEKS to fly by and Zee still has you waiting!

My guess is that she'll have you to the point of an upset stomach and high anxiety before she decides to unload. She certainly doesn't sound as though she's in any type of distress....She'll go soon. :hug:

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I just don't know what to think. Its going to be cold tonight, in the 20s. I guess I'd rather she didn't deliver in the super cold but I don't mind bringing her and babies in tonight either if that's what it takes to get them here.

11. Idahodreamer

Geez, she's really trying to make you go crazy!
    Hope she kids soon with healthy babies. :hug:

12. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009

I love to hear about animals being taken good care of and loved...they are blessed to have you!

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Thank you! It wouldn't be the first time I've brought moms and babies in. LOL I had a doe in 2007 kid in early April, normally that means good temperatures, that year it was a super cold week. Like 20s at night I think it was. Her kid was cold after we'd gotten her dried off so I set-up a crate for mom and baby in the house. After a couple days they were able to go back outside. During the days I'd put them outside in a pen with lots of grass and play area for mom and baby and just bring them in at night. They days were really nice.

This year in early March we had a doe kid just after dark and it was suppose to be in the teens. Needless to say mom and her triplets moved in the house for the night and they stayed in the utility room for a few days. That was funny. LOL We literally bedded it down like a stall. hehe

I'll have to be careful with Zee though, she does not like cats and has charged our barn cat a few times. I happen to have 5 indoor cats. LOL So I'll have to make sure they're closed off good. We didn't have a problem with Minuet and her triplets with the cats. I used a baby gate and a blanket over the gate to keep the cats out and they didn't mess with the goats.

Update on Zee: I started to suspect contractions because she has yet to lay down and she seemed to tense up some here and there. I don't know for sure though. Waiting to see if she does it some more.

14. Idahodreamer

yay! :leap:

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

:hair: She finally laid down and seems relaxed again. She pawed near her trough, pawed near the gate and then turned and faced the other direction. Finally pawed again and laid down and has been there ever since. Now she is one to paw on a regular basis when she's ready to lay down so that's normal. So I guess we're still waiting...

16. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

It's going to be a long night....

17. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts

She hasn't posted in a while, I think :pray: somethings happening.... :)

18. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

:? :pray:

19. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

Has anyone heard anything? Anything happening?

20. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I hope everything's okay!!