1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BA980718-ECB9-4309-A7C5-DCA15ECE18FF.jpeg
26A9290D-3BDB-40FB-B360-ED2610EE939B.jpeg
37AEF0E6-1458-424C-9632-6E545BA9FDC8.jpeg
Pretty sure my male goat is Zinc deficient!its been a long 6 months of different vets blood work shipping blood off etc. I am giving him a pinch of zinc pro ( I think ) it was given to me by a local breeder) a day. His hair is falling out terribly. More thinning. Not seeing much change at all. Waiting for the proper blood tubes to come in to send bloodwork off. Any suggestions to help him now ? The hair on the nose has grown back some but losing it other areas.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have used ZinPro for my goats, it works ok in my opinion. Have you ever tried Replamin? I've been really pleased with how well that works in my goats. What minerals are you using and what bloodwork did you have sent off? Could the issue be mites?

I have a doe that tends to look rough in the coat come springtime, after she sheds out her winter coat and she has her summer coat she usually looks much better and her coat ends up looking much sleeker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used ZinPro for my goats, it works ok in my opinion. Have you ever tried Replamin? I've been really pleased with how well that works in my goats. What minerals are you using and what bloodwork did you have sent off? Could the issue be mites?

I have a doe that tends to look rough in the coat come springtime, after she sheds out her winter coat and she has her summer coat she usually looks much better and her coat ends up looking much sleeker.
Es o and off diarrhea. I've sent blood off to waddl for Johnes cl. Tons of CBC and chemistry. About to send off for a mineral check. I have loose mineral in their stall from TS. They have a salt block also. Free choice grass hay and turn out time about 2-6 hours a day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

His hair is falling out in clumps. Flakey skin. Lame on and off.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Have you done a fecal to see what the cause of the diarrhea might be?

Has he just recently been turned out? Just asking this because the lush spring greens can sometimes cause diarrhea as well.

Which mineral from TSC?

Tagging some really knowledgeable members to help you out :)

@toth boer goats, @Damfino, @ksalvagno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts