Zoe kidded!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by greatcashmeres, May 27, 2009.

1. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Zoe kidded on her own yesterday 5/26, which was day 148. My DH and I left around 1:40 pm and got back around 3:30 pm. He went in the barn first, and when I opened the kitchen door, I wondered why he hadn't opened the slide door to let the dogs out. He thought he heard something and kept going to the pens. He looked around the corner and said "Zoe had her babies, two babies!" Brown one is a doeling and black is a buckling. The girl was clean and dry and the boy was for the most part. She did a wonderful job for the first time, and is being an awesome Mom. :stars: :girl: :boy:
  2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww. Great job Zoe!

Beautiful babies....my goodness, with the size difference I would have thought the brown one was the buckling!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    how cute...........congrats.......... :greengrin: :thumbup:
  4. goatbless

goatbless New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Beautiful kids and mom, and great to hear she is doing well with it. I love cashmeres, and lucky you that the girl came out so big and so much like mom. The boy is adorable too, I'm green with envy. :greengrin: :wink:
  5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Way to go, that is great news. I love the color of that doe. I had a couple that were born that color but they got lighter as they grew up.
    Congratulations. Way to go Zoe
  6. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    :stars: Congrats!! They are adorabble..Glad Zoe is being a great mom!!

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Beautiful babies!
  8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    nice job Zoe!! :clap: Congrats!!!
  10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Awwwww Congratulations! They're beauitful!
  11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Thanks so much everyone! Now I completely understand why everyone gets so excited around kidding time-baby goats are so precious. BTW girl has been named Sage and the boy Kalen.

Liz, it is surprising, guess it's girl power. Kalen is using his smaller size to his advantage, he gets Sage to move so he can have her warm spot. You know the "oh, help your little brother trick."

It will be interesting of see how the color ends up. I think Zoe's mom is a lighter color too, have to check her pic.