Zorro threw a bunch of girls!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RunAround, Oct 6, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So anyways I lent Zorro out for breeding to a local agricultural school.

They had 4 does and all of them got bred.... and they got a TON of girls!
    First doe: 2 bucks
    Second: one doe
    Third: Trip girls(one passed)
    Fourth: Twin does

Dang I wish I had that kind of luck!

Just had to let someone know. I am so happy for them and I have loved getting the pics of the new kids. One of the buck kids looks JUST like Zorro, Blue eyes and all. :wahoo:

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Why is it that someone else's doe gives you the kids, or number of doe kids of your dreams? Shaking head sadly. don't think I'll ever understand that . . . :)

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats RunAround! Well hopefully he will do that well for you next year.

I read somewhere about a certain herb that you can give that is supposed to increase fertility and that if you put apple cider vinegar in the water it is supposed to give you more doelings ... maybe an old wive's tale - but hey - what could it hurt right!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thats great RunAround! Maybe he got all the boys out of his system and it'll be lots of girls from now on!

My pygmy bucks first 2 years was 6 boys and 4 girls....the last 2 years it's been 9 girls and 1 boy.

5. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    We have a Zorro, he's a Mini-Nubian and he gave us twin bucks ( Rutabaga and Kohlrabi )

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats just so cool. and teh fact that you helped them out by studding him out is just awesome. So few people are willing to do that these days it gets on my nerves! But thats just because I cant own my own buck and i have to rely on the kindness of others to get my girls bred

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's awesome news!! Congrats! And that is so generous and kindhearted to do that...I am so protective of my goats I don't know if I would be able to do that. Very cool!! :applaud:

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Congrats!! I hope you have the same luck in '09!!! :girl: :girl:

I would love to be able to do that, but for me there are too many risks..