The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued this 3.5 week old Nubian. His name is Nicholas. He was a triplet, orphaned. His face is deformed as you can see. He’s missing an eye. Face is crooked and tongue hangs out. Is this from being smushed in utero or something else? Has anyone seen this before?

also today he developed this little red spot on his face. Any ideas what it is?

also of note we went to the vet first day I got him. We didn’t know if he got colostrum so my other goat actually came and donated plasma to Nicholas. He gets artificial tears twice daily and tobramycin as needed. He was dewormed at the vet. He is active and eats well (from bowl. Can’t take bottle). I’m just curious about his deformity and praying nothing internal is wrong and also wondering about thatspot thay developed on his face

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was concerned for cleft palates too initially. I took him to vet but got overwhelmed with the plasma transfusion and going to get my other goat I forgot to ask specifically. He’s going today for the little eye spot so I’ll make sure to ask I’d imagine it would have given him some problems already? But will ask!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts