Farm life: Tips and tricks!

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, May 11, 2020.

1. Aasiya

Aasiya Active Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    thats interesting Tanya; does it mean cornstarch helps the clotting process while flour just slows the flow due to its smothering qualities? i have no idea...(always been bad at chemistry lol!)

2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

lmao. If you lit it you would most likely find that it smoulders. Flour doesnt. It smothers the heat.

3. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

That's very interesting @Tanya, thanks!

MadHouse likes this.
  4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    (dance)(rofl) enjoyed the read on ♨️ corn starch..(rofl) that was a good one!

MadHouse and CaramelKittey like this.
  5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Yea yea. It would be funny if a first degree burn became 3rd degree. Corn starch actually doesnt absorb heat well. its a South African thing.

6. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Honestly I have no idea I just always have flour around the house and never cornstarch. So for me flour is best lol

7. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Oh wow LOL! I am so dumb :crazy: :facepalm: Thanks for the lesson though!!

8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I would not use the word dumb! No not at all. Just didnt get the comments...:bonk:BIG BIG DIFFERENCE! :great:Thanks for being so nice about it & letting us tease you. !:heehee:

9. CaramelKittey

Same here! I can't even think of any recipes we use cornstarch in...

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  10. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    i use it because it comes in easy to store containers lol

11. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Aasiya. Yes. Cornstarch is a more natural clotting agent than flour. It is packed tighter han flour. Flour also creats a slight barrier but absorbs bleeding because its not as tight. Cornstarch actually makes a much denser layer over a wound and lasts longer than flour.
    Flour works amazingly if you have a superficial burn. It absorbs the heat and draws it off the skin. Cornstarch does the oposite. It actually drives the heat back down into the skin.

12. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Now what kinda person would I be if I couldnt take some kidding around. I am sure that I could find the first boat out and come visit.
    :funnytech:

13. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

:funnytech:(doh):heehee:

14. Aasiya

Aasiya Active Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Thanks for clearing it up!

15. CaramelKittey

I am always amazed everyday to see how many wonderful and knowledgeable people there are on TGS. (thumbup)

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  16. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

Keep a worn out muffin pan with your tool kit. Anything you have to repair, you can keep all the screws, bolts, nuts and washers etc. organized and out of the grass or dirt.

Plastic barrels from food companies make great water troughs when cut in half.

Build a set of turkey wire boxes, set them under your nut trees in the fall and you can save some nuts from the squirrels.

17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

:up:
    That isvcool ideas

18. LuvmyGoaties

LuvmyGoaties Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Baling twine can be used to open bales. Just thread a piece of baling twine through the baling twine on the bale, pull up on the piece you have treaded through, one end in each hand and "saw" back a forward quickly. Super handy if you are like me and constantly losing your barn knife.